Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween Party

I meant to post this a few days before Halloween, sorry about that, but the good news is I just started a full- time job! I can be forgiven right?

Alright lets get started! Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love watching scary movies, eating candy, and most of all the costumes!

(Sate puts up with my homemade candy corn costume)

For our Halloween party we made lots of yummies!
I am not going to post all of the steps to making everything because there are so many. 
We found most off Pinterest so I will post the links to the original source for recipes!

To start off with we carved a pumpkin to throw up my guacamole.

(It looks like it's in pain XD)

(Helpful hint: When you cut the top mark the back so the lid fits every time)

It was gross looking, many guests had a problem eating it at first!
For my guacamole recipe click here.

(Best part of carving pumpkins is roasted seeds)

Our next treat is a Kraft recipe.
Oreo Truffles, the recipe can be found here.
We followed the recipe but used white chocolate for dipping.


I ran a toothpick with red food coloring through the freshly dipped truffle to give the affect of irritated eyes 


Color the the remaining chocolate what ever color you want the iris to be.


and then black food coloring for the pupil.

Scary eyeball truffle!

(these didn't last long)

The next recipe isn't really much of a recipe. You make deviled eggs the way you would normally make it.
We use Dill pickle relish, mustard, and mayo.
All you have to do with this is cut black olives in half and cut smaller slices for legs.
For the original picture click here

(Cute aren't they)

I would normally go overboard with decorating cakes and cupcakes, this year we went simple and even used cake mixes (I know terrible, but we had lots of stuff going on)
The icing is homemade and I will have to figure out exactly how much of everything I put into it.
I have always made icing just by eyeing it and by taste.
We will do a post on my icing once I figure it out.


Candy and caramel apples always find their way onto the party table.
These are the store bought mixes.


With the leftover red candy coating we also made blood-pops.


And these treats were made by the Lovely Vianne Chestnut. You can see her blog here.
These are rice crispy treats that look like raw meat! People were doing double takes with it!
For the recipe click here.


Now for the drinks!

First we have Shrunken' Head Cider.
The recipe can be found here.
It was warm, sweet, and I was told it was one of the creepiest things at the party! 


And last but not least the wonderful Candy Corn Punch!
Recipe can be found here.


I made these once before with Vianne Chestnut for one of our horror movie nights.
It takes a lot of time to prepare, but well worth it.
Her post about it can be found here.

Well that was a our party food. We the Pandas hope you had a wonderful and safe Halloween!

Our homemade costumes, Rachel a Dalmatian and I (Megan) a Voodoo Doll! 

Begging for a treat!

My puppies costumes, also homemade (wigs and all).

Here is an old lady kitty with a fake candle!

No comments:

Post a Comment