Saturday, November 16, 2013

Food Truck Bazaar!

Sorry for going so long without posting. My job takes up more a lot of my time and I have had a hard time balancing everything. This week we didn't cook anything but it is still a food related post!

Rachel and I are fortunate enough to live in a city that welcomes food trucks from all over Florida to come and sell their food here every once in a while.

It is called The Food Truck Bazaar and it all started in 2011. I didn't discover it until earlier this year.
But it's loads of fun and if you live in central Florida there is a good chance this event happens somewhere near you! Click here for more information about it and see if it comes to your city.

Now we wanted to try something from all the trucks, but seeing as we are only two people and there were like 15+ trucks there it is impossible!

So we each decided to try 3 trucks, 2 dinners and a dessert. We walked around looking at all the trucks and menus to see what we might like and then each ordered a meal and shared.


I decided to do something healthy so I went with The Treehouse Truck. I ordered the Nada Burger!


The Nada Burger was not really a burger XD but a grilled Portobello mushroom cap topped with goat cheese, arugula, tomato, and balsamic vinegar on a toasted bun.

I am not a fan of raw tomato so I did pick that off, but it was light and very satisfying. There was way too much bread for the mushroom so I got rid of the bottom bun. Rachel liked it although was not a fan of the vinegar or goat cheese, it was not what she was looking for that night.

Rachel walked around for a bit not sure what truck to order from until she came to The Dixieland Diner where she ordered shrimp and grits!


I am going to directly quote her for this one "Cheese grits were amazing and creamy. And I thought the shrimp would clash with the grits, but they tasted great together! I couldn't stop thinking about it for days after we went!!"
Needless to say she was in love.
She really didn't want to share... I had to remind her she had some of my burger.
I had to agree it was wonderful! I even liked the grilled cherry tomato!

Now last was Dessert, and Rachel demanded we go to Twisted Cuban for Churros!


We got 5 churros and all about a foot long.
They fried them, put them in a bag with plain white sugar, and shook it up.
Our only problem with these was they didn't put any cinnamon on them. Other than that they were wonderful.

If you live in the Central Florida area we both recommend you go to one of these events. Be prepared to spend about $10 per person though.


Thorin's favorite activity after our grocery shopping trips. Play in the pile of plastic bags! 

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment