Saturday, August 17, 2013

Banana Bread

While typing in the post name in my head I could not help but hear Gwen Stefani spelling it for me XD
Anyways, this weeks yummy was made by request of my husband 
and much protest of my co-blogger Rachel.
She really doesn't like bananas. And I can relate, I have a texture problem with them. I however really love the taste, and as long as they are mashed up and mixed with other things I like it.
Moving along though, here are the list of ingredients you will need:
3-4 over ripe Bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/5 cups of flour
You can add:
1/2 cup chopped nuts
or
1/2 cup chocolate chips
It is up to you! We like it plain :-)

First you mash your banana which you can use a spoon to do.

(I still have my kool-aid spoon from the 90s)

Next you will add the sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla.


Then you add the salt and baking soda.

(I was super excited because I got to use my "pinch" measuring spoon!)

Mix in the flour last adding a little at a time to make sure it is well incorporated.


Now you grease your bread pan. I used Crisco and spread it using a paper towel all over the inside of the pan. Then put a small amount of flour and pat the pan to spread it until it's covering the Crisco.


Add the dough to you pan and place it in a preheated 350 degree oven!


It takes 1 hour to bake completely.


And your Yummy is done!

Banana bread doesn't last long in my house! My husband loves it, and my Grandma would have it for breakfast every morning if she could! 
Sorry Rachel, I know how much you didn't like this week's post but we'll do something you like next week! 
;-)







No comments:

Post a Comment