Saturday, July 19, 2014

Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

So I don't know about you, but I have always liked my pineapple by itself.
No pineapple on pizza, ham, and above all chicken!
So when Rachel said to me "Hey, we should do Hawaiian BBQ Chicken."
First thing to come out of my mouth was "Bleh. ewwwwwwwwww! NO!"
But being the good friend that I am, I gave in with the promise that next week we will do a drink I have been wanting to try.

For this recipe you will need:
about 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breast
about 2 cups fresh pineapple
1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
and a slow cooker
(Set aside another 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
for the end of the process)


Start by putting your chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker.


Add in your BBQ sauce and Teriyaki sauce, coating the chicken.


And throw in your pineapple.


Should look something like this


Set your slow cooker to high and cook for 4 hours.


I kid you not we were coming back in to her apartment after going swimming and you could smell this stuff cooking. The aroma was so wonderful, her neighbor's mouths must have been watering.
It smelled like wonderful sweet BBQ.
I could not believe that smell was coming from something something 
I have avoided like the plague most my life.

4 hours later we opened the lid to find this.


I tasted a bit of the cooked pineapple and my taste buds went crazy. 
It is hard for me to describe... but it was so delicious! 

Next you should remove your chicken from the crock pot.


Then strain out the pineapple and set aside.


We suggest you save the leftover juices to use in a rice side dish in the future.


Place the chicken back in the crock pot and start shredding.
Should be nice and tender and easy to shred.
During this time physics broke and as we were shredding this chicken it would go against gravity, on it own
I might add, and landed right in our mouths! 
I know, we are just as shocked as you!


Add in those cooked pineapple pieces in next.


Lastly you add the 1/2 cup BBQ sauce and the 1/4 cup teriyaki and put back on high for about 20 mins


While you wait you can prepare some rice to serve this on top of, or you can just toast some buns!


I have to say I really put my foot in my mouth with this recipe. It was so good I plan to make it again this month for my family. I can't rave about it enough.

\

Rachel of course loved it. It is sweet, tangy, and just amazing! Everyone needs to try it!

This week's pet photo is of Sate and Twi!


Sate loves boxes and decided to share this love with his little sister =^.^=

2 comments:

  1. It looks great, but I doubt I will be able to get my family open minded about pineapple enough to try it -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take the Rachel approach and promise to do something or let them do something in exchange!

      Delete